RS1: Cultured Akoya Pearl, Diamond and Ruby Necklace, 14k
This is one of my favorite pieces made to date! Slices of natural ruby, 4.5 cttw of salt and pepper diamonds, and Japanese akoya cultured pearls dangle along a chain of 14k rose gold. I made each head pin out of 14k rose gold wire and attached each by wire wrapping it to the chain. The included salt and pepper diamonds are barrel shaped and sparkle like, well, diamonds! And the Japanese akoya pearls are so lustrous they act like little mirrors. This necklace measures about 16 inches long and each element moves independently like a charm bracelet.
There is a bit of a back story with this piece. I had not been searching for slices of rubies, but opportunity presented itself with a bit of fate. I travel to the Tucson gem shows every year to look for unique stones to use in my designs. I had just picked up coffee at one of the shows and a nice man asked if the espresso was any good. It was, and we struck up a conversation. Turns out he is a lapidary and we soon began chatting about stones. I ended up buying these wonderful ruby slices (I have a few more for another project) after visiting his booth. When you view the stones in direct light, you can actually see the structure of the crystal along the polished surfaces. And I absolutely love how he kept the "live edge" around the outside of each one. It is really something special to meet the people who touch these stones and make them into something truly unique.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 21 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Information I Collect
To complete your purchase, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the item that you are purchasing.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to complete your purchase, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
How to Contact Me
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Custom and/or personalized orders cannot be returned. No refunds/returns on sale items.
You must contact me within 14 calendar days of receipt/first delivery attempt/customs notification and ship it back to me (insured, signature required, 1-3 day delivery) within 21 calendar days.Returns without authorization will be charged a 30% restocking fee deducted from the refund subject to inspection for damage/wear.Seller's original shipping fees deducted from refund;return shipping cost is buyer's responsibility.Items must be in their original packaging, in unworn condition, and with original identification tag(s) attached. If the identification tag(s) have been removed,I can't accept the return.No returns/refunds on earrings, custom orders or items on sale. International buyers no forced returns for non payment of duty/vat/tax due.
Due to hygienic reasons, earrings cannot be returned and are considered to be an intimate item.
Absolutely! I love to share photos of my work. Whether you purchase your cultured Tahitian pearls from me, or from any other vendor, always ask for additional photos in natural indirect daylight, indoor lighting, etc. Tahitians can look much different under different lighting conditions. I do use a lightbox to photograph my offerings, however, I also try to include at least one natural lighting shot in each listing.
Lighting plays an important role when viewing cultured Tahitian pearls. It is best to examine your new piece under natural, indirect lighting (next to a covered window) on a white surface, like a paper towel or tissue. Direct sunlight will show luster, but indirect lighting will highlight the overtones.
Cultured Tahitian pearls require a bit of special care. Please store them in a soft cloth pouch, or in a velvet lined jewelry drawer. Do not store them with other items, especially hard stones like diamonds. Pearls can scratch. Remember that any pearl jewelry should be the very last item you put on before leaving your house. Apply all cosmetics, hair products, and skin care products prior to putting on your pearls. When you take them off, wipe them down with a soft terry cloth or micro fiber cloth (those glasses microfiber cloths are great!) The nacre on cultured Tahitian pearls is much thicker than other types of pearls, so they can be worn without worry.
Your new strand of cultured Tahitian pearls should be inspected periodically. If you wear them often (believe me, you will want to wear them!) have them restrung at least once a year. Look for signs of thread wear like frayed knots, loose knots, or broken thread.
When creating finished jewelry, many factors are considered in pricing. Each oyster can be implanted with only one nucleus at a time. It is incredibly labor intensive, and not always successful. Cultured Tahitian pearls receive no treatments, other than drilling. They are rare gems from the sea, cultivated by man.
I am absolutely available for trunk shows, in home shows, and other collaborations!
I want to ensure that you receive your purchase in a timely and secure fashion. For packages delivered to the US I offer free shipping via USPS Priority Mail 2-3 day shipping with tracking, insurance and signature required. FedEx 2-day, if available to your location, is an additional charge. For International buyers, I use USPS Priority International Mail service, with tracking and insurance; delivery times vary depending on the country. Note to international buyers: all taxes, duty, and vat charges are buyer's responsibility; please note that I do not accept forced returns for non payment of customs fees; US law requires that I declare actual value of an item on all customs forms, and actual value will be reported.